Introducing JVC’s NEW Native 4K Projector Line-Up
The World’s first home theatre projector corresponding to 8K display.
Invision Video Solutions, are pleased to announce that JVC have launched a totally new line up of three D-ILA projectors adopting the newest Native 4K D-ILA devices at IFA this week. “DLA-NX9” as the world’s first 8K e-shift home theatre projector, and two Native4K models “DLA-N7 / N5”. Planned for release in EMEA from late October.
The DLA-NX9 with its 8K e-shift technology together with its 100mm diameter high resolution glass lens, offer high definition 8K images with a much higher resolution than 4K that rival reality even on large screens. In addition, “DLA-N7 / N5” incorporates the latest 4K D-ILA device and 65mm diameter glass lens to reproduce smooth, detailed 4K imagery that respond to the high-definition video display needs that are increasing demand.
Product Planning Intention
In 2016, JVC launched the flagship model “DLA-Z1” equipped with 0.69-inch 4K “D-ILA” device, which has received high reputation for its high definition images. On the other hand, 4K contents such as UHD Blu-ray and 4K streaming, 4K broadcasting are increasing, and the demand to easily enjoy high quality 4K images are also increasing. Under these circumstances, JVC will release a new line-up of D-ILA projectors that incorporate our newest 0.69-inch Native 4K D-ILA device, which enable high-definition display.
“DLA-NX9” is equipped with 8K e-shift technology and it is the world’s first home theatre projector that achieves 8K display*. In addition to detailed imagery exceeding 4K, it also combines high brightness, high contrast, wide colour gamut, and creates images that are closer to reality than ever.
“DLA-N7” is high quality native 4K model taking advantage of high contrast and excellent colour reproducibility in addition to 4K resolution, for users who demand particular quality for movie reproduction.
“DLA-N5” is a model that allows you to enjoy the latest content such as 4K HDR more easily, adding white colour version considering usage in the living room theatre etc.
1. High definition video exceeding 4K realised by “8K e-shift technology” (DLA-NX9)
“e-shift” is JVC’s proprietary high resolution display technology that doubles the resolution by shifting pixels diagonally 0.5pixel. This e-shift technology together with the Native 4K D-ILAdevices DLA-NX9 produces an 8K image on the screen. The 8K e-shift image produces much higher resolution than 4K that rival reality even on large screens. Also, by using original high-resolution technology “Multiple Pixel Control”, full HD and 4K images are also converted to high-definition 8K images*.
2. Newest 0.69 inch native 4K “D-ILA” device
The newest 0.69 inch native 4K D-ILA device with 3.8 ㎛ pixel pitch achieves high resolution display of 8.8 million pixels (4096 x 2160 pixels), and with improved planarization technique which reduces light scattering and light diffraction results in both improved brightness and black level compared to conventional device. The narrow pitch provides Native4K imagery with smooth, detailed picture without any visible pixel structure even on large screens.
3. High resolution 18-element, 16-group all-glass lens with full aluminium lens barrel (DLA-NX9)
“DLA-NX9” is equipped High resolution 18-element, 16-group all-glass lens with full aluminium lens barrel. To ensure high resolution up to every corner of the screen while realizing a wide shift range of +/-100% vertical, +/-43% horizontal, 100 mm diameter lens is selected. Not only that, 5 special low dispersion lens considering the different refractive index of Red, Green and Blue, has been adopted to suppress chromatic aberration, bleeding etc. and faithfully reproduce the 8K resolution.
4. New “Auto Tone Mapping” function automatically adjust settings for optimumHDR10 image
The HDR10 mastering information MaxCLL (Maximum Content Light Level) / MaxFALL (Maximum Frame Average Light Level) varies greatly depending on each content. Therefore, in order to achieve the best HDR10 experience it is necessary to set the appropriate brightness settings for each content. The new “Auto Tone Mapping” function equipped in the new line-up automatically adjust settings based on the mastering information (In case of content that does not contain mastering information, it will be fixed value or manual adjustment). Various HDR images with different brightness can be viewed optimally without manual adjustment of the settings.
5. Compatible with HDR technology that dramatically improves picture quality to look like reality
HDR content has more information than ever, such as expansion of luminance range, wide color gamut such as BT2020, 10 bit gradation, etc. High performing, high precision projector is required for accurate image reproduction of such contents. The new D-ILAprojectors faithfully reproduces HDR10 contents such as UHD Blu-ray, in addition to the HLG (hybrid log gamma) adopted in broadcasting etc., with its “high brightness, high contrast, and wide color gamut”.
6. Bright, vibrant and dynamic imagery
Combination of 265W ultra-high pressure mercury lamp and highly efficient optical engine realize high brightness of 2,200lm (DLA-NX9). Together with the new D-ILAdevice which has narrow pixel gap and improved light efficiency realize smooth, powerful image. (Brightness for DLA-N7 is 1,900 lm, for DLA-N5 is 1,800 lm).
7. Native Contrast Ratio of 100,000:1 translates to a spectacular Dynamic Contrast Ratio of 1,000,000:1
New 0.69 inch native 4K D-ILAdevice and optical engine with wire grid realize native contrast ratio of 100,000:1 (DLA-NX9). In combination with “Intelligent Lens Aperture” which analyzes the input image and automatically controls the black level, we realized a spectacular dynamic contrast of 1,000,000:1. Together with the ultimate dynamic range brought by high brightness offer immersive high quality image experience. (For “DLA-N7” Native 80,000:1, Dynamic 800,000:1, “DLA-N5” native 40,000:1, Dynamic 400,000:1)
8. Colourful image with wide colour gamut beyond DCI P3 (DLA-NX9, DLA-N7)
By adopting the new cinema filter, DLA-NX9 and DLA-N7 achieves a wide colour gamut beyond DCI-P3 as well as BT.709. HDR content such as UHD Blu-ray has adopted a wider colour gamut than before, and with a wide colour gamut D-ILAprojector, it is possible to reproduce rich colours such as crimson rose and fresh green of trees, and the natural gradations of sky and sea.
9. Renewed “Clear Motion Drive” supporting 4K60P (4:4:4) signal
“Clear Motion Drive” is JVC’s original motion control technology which also supports 4K60P (4:4:4) signal. The feature has been renewed for the new line up improving moving images more than ever. Together with “Motion Enhance” which optimizes the driving of D-ILAdevice according to the motion of the image, motion blur is reduced significantly compared to conventional projectors.
- “THX 4K DISPLAY” (approval in progress) guarantees high-quality and high performance for the ultimate reference home theatre experience (DLA-NX9).
- isf certification which is the image quality standard by all models. It is possible to perform colour calibration by isf approved engineer.
- Equipped with “installation mode” function that memorize up to 10 kinds of installation adjustments such as lens memory, pixel adjustment, screen mask etc. as one.
- Compatible with “Auto Calibration Function” that optimizes image quality under various installation conditions and also compromise for the changing colour balance in long-term projector usage etc. (In order to use the “Auto Calibration Function”, an optical sensor, exclusive software, PC and LAN cable is required).
- “Screen Adjustment Mode”, which correct the colour balance that can differ by various screen characteristics.
- “Low Latency Mode” which decrease the input lags from the source.
- Optimized circuit configuration halves the time it takes for signal recognition compared to our conventional models.
For more information on this range of projectors contact the Invision Video Solutions specialists: Paul Crow on 07760 992403 or Rob Alderman on 01359 272844